Essential insights for Engineers & Body builders. See first-hand the body mounting options and methods for handling unique applications directly from the engineers who design them.
New Truck Model and Chassis design session
• Intended applications for static display vehicles
• Metro distribution – DAF New LF
o State of the art vehicle technology and comfort for urban distribution applications.
o 4×2 LF 280HP, Extended Day cab with 6.25m wheelbase.
• Construction industry DAF CF85
o Industry leading, durable and fuel efficient workhorse for specialised vehicle applications.
o 8×4 CF 510HP, Day cab with 6.4m wheelbase, 1355T with Air suspension.
• Show case of new features and technology
• DAF LF new chassis technology
o Axle Load monitoring and Tyre pressure monitoring on LED display with Driver assistance interface for fuel efficient driving.
o Electronic lighting control with Day Time running lights, EBS (Electronic Braking System) braking with disc brakes, CAN (Controlled Area Network) network and FMS (Fleet Management System) interface.
• DAF CF designed for efficient bodying
• Electronic CAN interface and dedicated bodybuilder connections for remote PTO and engine control.
• Programmable customer parameters for specific applications and body set-ups.
• EBS Braking and ECAS (Electronically Controlled Air Suspension) suspension with Axle Load Monitoring and vehicle software options.
• Opportunities and challenges.
• The right solution the first time with customised vehicle design using TOPEC
o Chassis layout, turn circle calculation and tare weight calculator.
• Online resources for customers and Bodybuilders – DAF BBI
o Dedicated site for access to Bodybuilder related information.
o Bodybuilder’s guide for connector parts numbers and electrical circuit information.
o Access to vehicle models and configurations, chassis drawings, component weights, 3D models of cabs and components.
o Latest news and features.
• Purposely designed for efficient bodying of vehicle – BBG and DAVIE XD
o Bodybuilder friendly chassis with flat chassis rails and predrilled mounting holes.
o Dedicated connectors for hassle free connection to vehicle electrics.
o Access to vehicle customer parameters for customised vehicle settings.
o Vehicle software options for engine and suspension control.
- Danny Solana, Regional Service Manager, PACCAR Australia.
- Raymond Rong, Sales Administration Supervisor, DAF Trucks Australia.
DAF Trucks Australia, a division of PACCAR Australia, distributes a complete range of medium and heavy-duty trucks throughout Australia. PACCAR Inc., a Six Sigma company, is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light, medium and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.