Ian is an experienced commercial lawyer working principally with clients in the construction and maritime industries and is now also working with businesses in the heavy vehicles industries.
He focuses on two primary objectives: protecting clients from avoidable and unnecessary legal and commercial risks; and quickly and efficiently resolving problems and disputes.
Ian’s commercial acumen added to 30 plus years of legal experience results in clients receiving considered and commercially balanced advice.
He believes that, as a trusted advisor, to create real value for clients it is crucial to bear in mind their long-term goals and ambitions.
Ian regularly advises boards, state managers and CEOs, and represents several industrial organisations and employer groups. He is a regular speaker at state and national conferences and seminars.
Ian’s experience in his principal areas of practice includes:
- drafting and negotiating contracts
- contract advice
- guiding businesses through the regulatory framework to ensure compliance
- advising on payment issues and contract disputes
- contract and statutory interpretation
- commercial and business structuring and agreements
- commercial advice
- corporate governance
- Day 2 - 2:30 pm Chain of Responsibility – sleeping giant