Chris Jones is Austroads’ Project Manager – Automated Vehicles. Austroads is the peak organisation of Australasian road transport & traffic agencies. Chris is currently responsible for preparing frameworks for the deployment of automated vehicles across road operations and registration and licensing. Chris sits on a range of steering committees supporting trials of automated vehicles in Victoria.
Chris has 13 years experience in vehicle policy roles. His career achievements include:
– the introduction of the European ‘Pedalec’ standard for power assisted bicycles into Victoria
– reforms to Victoria’s high powered vehicle restrictions for p-plate drivers
– the introduction of a new on-line tool to help motorcyclists choose the safest new bikes
– introducing a pilot of bicycle racks on buses across the Victorian bus network
– a review of Victoria’s roadworthiness system